Superintendent Search 2021
- December 15, 2020: Board approves RFP for search process
- December 19, 2020: RFP mailed/e-mailed to prospective search firms known to the district
- December 20, 2020: RFP posted on www.mhusd.org
- January 14, 2021: Deadline for submission of questions about RFP by 5:00 pm PST
- January 19, 2021: Responses to RFP questions provided by 4:00pm PST
- January 21, 2021: Proposals due at 12 noon local time. Screening of proposals and selection of 2-4 firms to be interviewed.
- January 28, 2021: Interviews with finalist firms conducted (Special Board Meeting)
- January 29, 2021: Search firm begins the search process
- May 14, 2021: Candidate is selected
- June 1, 2021: Selected candidate begins working with current Superintendent to ensure an orderly transition
- July 1, 2021: Selected candidate becomes Superintendent
Introduction and Description:
The District is beginning its search for a qualified candidate to become its new superintendent of schools as of July 1, 2021. In order to ensure an orderly transition, the Board of Education wants to finalize a selection for the new superintendent by the 14th of May, 2021. To help in the search for the most qualified candidate the School District is seeking to retain the services of an executive search firm or individual with experience in the recruitment of superintendents for mid-sized school districts.
Morgan Hill Unified School District The Morgan Hill Unified School District (MHUSD) encompasses nearly 300 square miles and serves the ethnically diverse population of Morgan Hill, San Martin, and a small portion of South San Jose.
The District serves approximately 8,500 students and is composed of six elementary schools (TK-5), two elementary/middle schools (K-8), one Dual Immersion magnet program (K-8), two middle schools (6-8), two comprehensive high schools (9-12), one continuation high school and a community adult school. We not only offer our students an exceptional education in the classroom, but we also offer an array of extracurricular opportunities as well. The District is the largest employer in the City of Morgan Hill with approximately 800 total employees of which about 400 are teachers.
MHUSD’s Board of Education is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. Our programs and activities do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, age, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics. The Board actively promotes programs that ensure that discriminatory practices are eliminated in all District activities.
Please see the Request for Proposals from Superintendent Search Firms in its entirety below. For more information about the Morgan Hill Unified School District, please contact Lanae Bays, Communications Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION NOT YET AVAILABLE. PLEASE RETURN TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES.