Fax: 408 201-6067
- 2022-23 Adopted Budget
- Annual Financial Audit Reports
- Budget Committee
- Contact Information
- Expenditure Plan for Education Protection Act Funds
- Financial Reports
- Salary and Wage Verification
- Summary of Budget Reductions 2008-2019
2022-23 Adopted Budget
Annual Financial Audit Reports
1997-1998 Annual Financial Audit Report
1998-1999 Annual Financial Audit Report
1999-2000 Annual Financial Audit Report
2000-01 Annual Financial Audit Report
2001-02 Annual Financial Audit Report
2002-03 Annual Financial Audit Report
2003-04 Annual Financial Audit Report
2004-05 Annual Financial Audit Report
2005-06 Annual Financial Audit Report
2006-07 Annual Financial Audit Report
2007-08 Annual Financial Audit Report
2008-09 Annual Financial Audit Report
2009-10 Annual Financial Audit Report
2010-11 Annual Financial Audit Report
2011-12 Annual Financial Audit Report
2012-13 Annual Financial Audit Report
2013-14 Annual Financial Audit Report
2014-15 Annual Financial Audit Report
2015-16 Annual Financial Audit Report
2016-17 Annual Financial Audit Report
2017-18 Annual Financial Audit Report
2018-19 Annual Financial Audit Report
2019-20 Annual Financial Audit Report
2020-21 Annual Financial Audit Report
- Budget Committee Members and Information
- May 12, 2020 Report Out
- May 20, 2020 Report Out
- May 27, 2020 Report Out
Budget Committee Members and Information
Morgan Hill Unified School District strives to build a collaborative atmosphere among our staff, parents, and the community at large. Feedback and recommendations from the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) and the Budget Committee remain an important part of a district’s decision making processes in setting local budget priorities. The Budget Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Superintendent and provides an ideal forum for discussion on priorities for maintaining good schools, programs and facilities and how best to allocate resources. The role of the Budget Committee is:
- Develop an understanding of the budget and financial issues
- Develop recommendations for improving communication to enhance understanding of the District’s budget and financial condition
- Develop recommendations on fiscal and program priorities that support the District’s Local Control Accountability Plan, a balanced budget, and long-term financial health
- Review the District’s budget, share information with constituent groups, and generate recommendations for the Superintendent to consider in the budget development process
- Contribute to and support a collaborative process
The 2020-21 Budget Committee members include Kirsten Perez, Fawn Myers, Gema Alvarez, Sarah Barker, Patrick Buchser, Mary Alice Callahan, Victoria Knutson, Jim Levis, Jennifer Myers, Danielle Nunes, Sunny Scott, and Glen Webb. Trustee Mary Patterson serves as the Board Liaison to the Budget Committee.
May 12, 2020 Report Out
The Budget Committee met on Tuesday, May 12th from 3-5pm. Committee members include: Kirsten Perez, Fawn Myers, Gema Alvarez, Sarah Barker, Patrick Buchser, Mary Alice Callahan, Victoria Knutson, Jim Levis, Jennifer Myers, Danielle Nunes, Sunny Scott, and Glen Webb with Trustee Mary Patterson as Board of Education liaison and Trustees John Horner and Heather Orosco observing.
The Committee received information on the State’s budget crisis and anticipated reduction in education funding as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The District is contingency planning for a potential 15% reduction in revenues to the District’s budget. No decisions will be made until more information is known on the State budget. The Budget Committee reviewed a process for making budget decisions including a timeline and established guiding principles for budget reductions and agreed on information that will be gathered prior to the next meeting. The Budget Committee will meet again on May 20th.
May 20, 2020 Report Out
The Budget Committee met on Wednesday, May 20th from 3-5pm. Committee members include: Kirsten Perez, Fawn Myers, Gema Alvarez, Sarah Barker, Patrick Buchser, Mary Alice Callahan, Victoria Knutson, Jim Levis, Jennifer Myers, Danielle Nunes, Sunny Scott, and Glen Webb with Trustee Mary Patterson as Board of Education liaison and Trustees John Horner and Heather Orosco observing.
The Committee received updated information on the proposed State budget released last Thursday and its impact to MHUSD. The Budget Committee worked to identify and prioritize budget reduction actions. The Budget Committee will meet again on May 27th.
May 27, 2020 Report Out
The Budget Committee met on Wednesday, May 27th from 3-5pm. Committee members include: Kirsten Perez, Fawn Myers, Gema Alvarez, Sarah Barker, Patrick Buchser, Mary Alice Callahan, Victoria Knutson, Jim Levis, Jennifer Myers, Danielle Nunes, Sunny Scott, and Glen Webb with Trustee Mary Patterson as Board of Education liaison and Trustees John Horner and Heather Orosco observing.
The Budget Committee worked to identify and prioritize potential budget reduction actions to be submitted to the Superintendent for consideration. The Budget Committee will meet again on May 29th.
Expenditure Plan for Education Protection Act Funds
Pursuant to Article XIII, Section 36 of the California Constitution, school districts, county offices of education, and community college districts are required to determine how the moneys received from the Education Protection Account (EPA) are spent in schools within its jurisdiction, provided that the governing board makes the spending determinations in an open session of a public meeting.
Approved Expenditure Plan
2022-23 Approve Expenditure Plan
2021-22 Approved Expenditure Plan
2020-21 Approved Expenditure Plan
2019-20 Approved Expenditure Plan
2018-19 Approved Expenditure Plan
2017-18 Approved Expenditure Plan
2016-17 Approved Expenditure Plan
2015-16 Approved Expenditure Plan
2014-15 Approved Expenditure Plan
2013-14 Approved Expenditure Plan
2012-13 Approved Expenditure Plan
Salary and Wage Verification
Financial institutions, housing/government agencies and insurance companies may submit requests for employees’ salary and wages information to Payroll. Requests must be in writing and may be submitted via fax or US mail. In order to provide an accurate information, verbal requests for salary and wages information cannot be accepted.
Responses to written requests for salary and wages information will be made on the form provided only when the request is accompanied by a former or current employee’s signed authorization to release such information. Essential information on the request form must also be completed to include name, social security number, phone number, and an address for which the form will be mailed. You may also include a self-addressed envelope with your request.
Verifications of wage and salary information are processed in the order received and on occasion require records be ordered to complete the request. Due to the high volume of requests, please allow up to seven (7) business days for a response in addition to mailing time.
For further clarification on definitions of compensation for the employees of Morgan Hill Unified School District, you may refer to the bargaining contract agreement, which can be found at our website:
Please submit requests to:
Morgan Hill Unified School District
15600 Concord Circle
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Fax – (408) 201-6067
For questions, please contact:
Katie Santos, Certificated Payroll (408) 201-6063
Abby Quesada, Classified Payroll (408) 201-6062
Summary of Budget Reductions 2008-2019
- Donations can be made to specific programs, departments, or schools within the District and must be documented by completing the attached Form.
- If donating cash, the completed Form and cash should be submitted directly to Fiscal Services by contacting Lisa Lee at 408-201-6053 or email@example.com.
- All non-cash donations should be submitted to the benefiting program, department or school along with the completed Form, (e.g. photography equipment or costumes for the drama department should be submitted to the Arts Department). Any donations involving equipment must be approved by the respective department overseeing that program or site (e.g. computers need approval from the Technology Department or pianos from the Elementary/Secondary Director).
- The Form is forwarded to the Fiscal Services Department for processing which is typically completed within 30 days.
- All donations are presented to the Board of Trustees for approval. After approval donors are mailed a thank you letter from the Superintendent which should be retained by the donor for tax purposes.