FAQs 2021

 Morgan Hill Unified School District

2021-2022 Academic School Year 

Frequently Asked Questions


Based on the most recent CDPH guidelines, Morgan Hill Unified School District is welcoming students back in-person on August 12th for full day, five days a week instruction. In this document you will find frequently asked questions in the areas of health and safety, Independent Study (AB 130), and new legal updates for retention, grading, and graduation (AB 104).

Health and Safety 

Will students and staff be required to wear masks? 

Masks will be required indoors for staff and students regardless of vaccination status. Masks should be close fitting, covering the entire nose, mouth and chin. Loose-fitting bandanas, gaiters, and other single-ply fabrics are not acceptable. Masks are recommended for outdoors, but remain optional. Mask requirements will be incorporated into the Positive Behavioral Interventions System (PBIS) and required as part of school culture. 

Are there exemptions to wearing a mask?

Persons exempted from wearing a face covering due to a medical or mental health condition or disability must wear a non-restrictive alternative, such as a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge while indoors.

What health and safety measures will be implemented?

Hand washing/hand sanitizing stations are installed on every campus. Hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, and/or cleaning sprays are available in every room and common areas. Clear barriers are installed in front offices and high traffic areas. In addition we will have daily cleaning and sanitizing of bathrooms and increased signage regarding hand washing and mask wearing.  Replacement masks are available for students and staff, as needed.

Will there be social/physical distancing of students on campus?

Per CDPH, there is no minimum physical distancing requirement consistent with the CDC K-12 School Guidance. While indoors, the teacher and students will optimize classroom space. The use of outdoor spaces will be encouraged.

What ventilation protocols will be in place? 

Air filter systems have been upgraded to the highest grade the system will allow at each site and filters will be changed quarterly. Air filtration system will begin circulating fresh air into the building at least one hour prior to the start of school each day and will run during school hours.  Windows and doors will be opened when possible for increased ventilation.

If a child comes to school with a runny nose or another potential COVID-19 symptom other than fever, will they be sent home? 

Staff and students with symptoms such as a runny nose will be asked to go home and remain home until at least 24 hours have passed without the symptom (if fever, without the use of fever-reducing medication), and/or a healthcare provider has confirmed an alternative diagnosis (ie., allergies), a chronic underlying condition, or a negative COVID-19 test. Each school has an identified isolation area where students may wait for pick-up.

Will COVID-19 testing be available for students and staff?

All sites will offer voluntary weekly testing for staff and, as needed, for students.

What happens to students who are sent home due to COVID-19?

Students will be assigned work to be completed at home during their absence.

Will there be a daily “health check” at school?

Parents, students, and staff will self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and stay home if they are sick. 

Will students’ schedules be similar to pre-COVID?

The schools’ bell schedules and student rotations will mirror pre COVID-19 conditions. 

Will notices be sent regarding COVID-19 exposures to families and staff?

The District’s COVID-19 Designees will be responsible for contact tracing with Santa Clara County Public Health and will advise on isolation or quarantine measures. In the event of exposure in a universal mask-wearing setting, those who are fully vaccinated and asymptomatic may continue to attend school or work in-person, self-monitoring for symptoms. In this case, only the student or staff member who tested positive for COVID-19 will be sent home. 

In an indoor setting where masks are being worn, unvaccinated students or staff who are close contacts (15 minutes within 0-6 feet over a 24 hour period) may continue to attend school in-person if they are asymptomatic, continue to wear their mask as required, test twice weekly for COVID-19 during the 10 day period following exposure, and quarantine for all extracurricular activities at school, including sports and activities within the community setting. 

In case of exposure among unvaccinated and unmasked close contacts, asymptomatic staff and students will quarantine for 10 days but may discontinue after day 7 with a negative COVID-19 test. If symptoms develop, individuals must stay home and get tested, following protocols based on results of the test.

What is the meal distribution process?

Students will be provided breakfast and lunch at no cost to our families. Breakfast will be distributed in bags; lunch will be pre-plated items. Seating outdoors is encouraged. When eating indoors, students will be encouraged to maximize physical distancing since masks cannot be used.Food distribution for students participating in Independent Study will be provided in a subsequent update.

What are the safety protocols for students riding the bus? 

Students and drivers will wear masks on the bus. Windows will be open to maximize ventilation. While waiting at the bus stop outdoors, masks are recommended, but optional.

Will the district allow volunteers on campus? 

Visitors are encouraged to call or email, whenever possible, to minimize interactions. All offices across the District will be open, and visitors will wear face masks upon entering. A process for school volunteers is under review with an update by October 1st. 


Independent Study (AB 130)

What is Independent Study?

Independent study allows students whose health would be at risk for in-person instruction to learn at home instead of returning to school in-person. 

What grade levels can enroll in Independent Study? How do they enroll?

All grades, TK through grade 12, may request to enroll in Independent Study by calling their school office.

Is Independent Study the same at all grades? 

Morgan Hill will have three different Independent Study programs: TK Independent Study students will receive their instruction from the Santa Clara County Office of Education; students in grades K-5 who enroll in Independent Study will receive work and daily instruction through a contracted MHUSD vendor with an assigned teacher and computer-based curriculum; students in grades 6-12 who enroll in Independent Study will have an assigned MHUSD case manager who monitors student progress on completed online curriculum. 

Can parents/guardians of students select Independent Study or In-Person instruction at any time? 

A student in Independent Study whose parent/guardian requests to return to in-person learning will be transferred within 5 days. The in-person school placement will be based on space availability. An in-person student whose parent/guardian requests Independent Study will also be transferred within 5 days. Parents and students are required to sign an Independent Study agreement.

Can students be moved into or out of Independent Study by the school? 

Independent Study students who do not fulfill their Independent Study Agreements may be moved to in-person learning. Students who are attending in-person may be moved to Independent Study if they are not able to follow the health and safety guideline requirements such as wearing a mask indoors. In either program, students needing additional support will receive intervention for academics, counseling or truancy, as needed.

What curriculum will be used for Independent Study?

TK students will receive curriculum through the Santa Clara County Office of Education. K-5 teachers will use the Calvert curriculum. Students in grades 6-12 will use the Edmentum courseware. 

What is the schedule for Independent Study? 

The TK schedule will be determined by the Santa Clara County Office of Education. The K-5 schedule will include daily live instruction in all core subjects. Each subject will include 15 minutes of direct instruction followed by independent or guided practice. The school hours are similar to a traditional school day. The 6-12 academic program is completed independently and the hours will vary; once a week, students will attend a synchronous session during regular school hours.

What do I do if my child needs internet access for Independent Study?

Students who need a hotspot or Chromebook will contact their home school upon signing the Independent Study agreement. 

Additional Independent Study information can be found here:  FAQ’s (SCCOE) and FAQ’s from CDE


Retention, Grading, and Graduation (AB 104)

What is Assembly Bill 104? 

AB 104 is a new legislation recently signed into law that includes the following provisions and rights: 

1. Parents/Guardians (Educational Rights Holder) of students who were enrolled in grades 8-12 during the 2020-21 school year may request to have a letter grade earned for a course changed to a Pass or No Pass on the student's transcript. 

2. Any student who was enrolled in 11th or 12th grade during the 2020-21 school year and who is not on track to graduate in four years is exempt from local district graduation requirements that are beyond the state-minimum graduation credits and course requirements. 

3. Parents/Guardians may request a retention conference if their child received a D, F or No Pass grade in half or more of their classes. 

How does a parent/guardian request a conference to discuss possible retention?

Parents wanting to consult on retention may contact the Educational Services Department, 408-201-6070 or email webbgl@mhusd.org

How does a parent/guardian or student request a grade change to Pass / No Pass? 

MHUSD will post an application to request a grade change on the district website and also email the application to all families and students by Friday, July 30th. 

Which courses qualify for the grade changes to Pass / No Pass? 

All courses taken during the 2020-21 school year qualify for the grade change to Pass / No Pass. 

Is there a deadline for submitting an application for grade change? 

Per the legislation, districts may not accept requests for a grade change after 15 calendar days from the date the application is posted on our website.The deadline has been determined by Santa Clara County Office of Education as August 15, 2021. 

What happens once the application is submitted to the district? 

Once the application is received by MHUSD, the District has 15 days to make the change on the student’s transcript and notify the family. Please note: Students who are 18 or older may submit a grade change to Pass/No Pass independently from their parent/guardian. 

How does the Pass / No Pass impact Grade Point Average GPA? 

As per AB 104, the change cannot negatively impact a student's GPA. When an “F” is converted to a “No Pass,” the zero points are no longer factored into the GPA. Changing a “D” or even a “C” letter grade to a “Pass” may increase a student’s GPA, depending on the GPA the student had prior to the grade change. No grade changes will be made that lower a student’s GPA. 

What is the impact of the Pass / No Pass to admissions to a college or university?

As per AB 104, California State Universities (CSUs) will accept, for admission purposes, and without prejudice, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for any coursework taken during the 2020-21 school year. However, this is not the case for all universities. UC colleges and private universities are encouraged, but not required, to notify the CDE over the next two weeks about whether they will accept Pass/No Pass marks for purposes of admission. MHUSD will share this list of universities as part of the information sent to families. 

Who is eligible to graduate under the AB 104 State minimum graduation requirements? 

Any student who was enrolled in 11th or 12th grade during the 2020-21 school year and who is not on track to graduate in four years is exempt from MHUSD’s graduation requirements that are beyond the state-minimum graduation credit and course requirements and can earn a diploma by completing the state-minimum graduation requirements of 130 credits. 

If my student completes the State minimum graduation requirements, are they A-G eligible?

No. Please refer to this Graduation Pathways document for more information about college admission requirements.

Will the diploma earned by meeting the State minimum graduation requirements be different from the diploma earned by meeting the MHUSD graduation requirements?

The diplomas will be exactly the same, but the transcript will show specific courses taken.

How do students who were in 12th grade during the 2020-21 school year and did not graduate know if they are eligible under the State minimum graduation requirements? 

Class of 2021 non-grad students and their parents/guardians will be notified of this change to graduation requirements. School counselors and administrators will be analyzing transcripts and determining if the student is eligible to graduate under the state minimum credit and course graduation requirements of 130 credits. All class of 2021 non-grad students are being notified of their options. For any questions, please reach out to your School Counselor. 

What are the options for non-graduate students in the Class of 2021 (12th graders during 2020-21) who do not meet the State minimum graduation requirements to earn a diploma at this time? 

Students who did not graduate and do not meet the minimum requirement will have the option to complete required coursework through credit recovery options such as Cyber High or by completing a 5th year of high school. 

How will Class of 2022 students (rising 12th graders) be informed about their options under AB 104? 

At the start of the 2021-22 school year school counselors and administrators will meet with eligible incoming 12th grade students and their parent/guardian to provide information about the change in graduation requirements and create a plan based on individual student needs.







 Año escolar 2021-2022

Preguntas Frecuentes


Basado en las pautas más recientes de CDPH, el Distrito Escolar Unificado de Morgan Hill está reabriendo el día completo, cinco días a la semana para instrucción en persona. En este documento encontrará preguntas frecuentes en las áreas de salud y seguridad, Estudio Independiente y nuevas pautas estatales (AB 104).


Salud y Seguridad


¿Se requerirá que los estudiantes y el personal usen máscaras?

Se requerirán máscaras en el interior de los edificios para el personal y los estudiantes, independientemente del estado de vacunación. Las mascarillas deben quedar bien ajustadas, cubriendo toda la nariz, boca y barbilla. No se aceptan pañuelos sueltos, polainas faciales y otras telas de una sola capa. Se recomienda el uso de máscaras para lugares exteriores, pero siguen siendo opcionales. Los requisitos de las mascarillas se incorporarán al Sistema de Intervenciones de Conducta Positiva (PBIS) y se exigirán como parte de la cultura escolar.


¿Existen exenciones para usar una máscara?

Las personas exentas de usar una cubierta facial debido a una condición médica o de salud mental o discapacidad deben usar una alternativa no restrictiva, como un protector facial con una cortina en el borde inferior.


¿Qué medidas de seguridad y salud se implementarán?

Las estaciones de lavado / desinfección de manos están instaladas en cada escuela. En todas las aulas y áreas comunes se encuentran disponibles desinfectantes para manos, aerosoles desinfectantes y / o aerosoles de limpieza. Se instalaron barreras claras en las oficinas principales y en las áreas de mucho tráfico. Además, tendremos limpieza y desinfección diaria de baños y mayor señalización con respecto al lavado de manos y el uso de mascarillas. Hay máscaras de repuesto disponibles para los estudiantes y el personal, según sea necesario.


¿Habrá distanciamiento social / físico de los estudiantes en las escuelas?

No hay un requisito mínimo de distancia física consistente con la Guía Escolar K-12 del CDPH. Mientras estén en el interior de los edificios, el maestro y los estudiantes optimizarán el espacio del aula. Se fomentará el uso de espacios al aire libre.


¿Qué protocolos de ventilación se implementarán?

Los sistemas de filtros de aire se han actualizado al grado más alto que el sistema permite en cada sitio y los filtros se cambiarán trimestralmente. El sistema de filtración de aire comenzará a hacer circular aire fresco en el edificio al menos una hora antes del comienzo de clases todos los días y funcionará durante el horario escolar. Las ventanas y puertas se abrirán cuando sea posible para una mayor ventilación.


Si un niño llega a la escuela con secreción nasal u otro síntoma potencial de COVID-19 que no sea fiebre, ¿lo enviarán a casa? ¿Cómo diferenciarán las escuelas entre los síntomas de COVID-19 y el resfriado o las alergias?

Se pedirá al personal y a los estudiantes con síntomas como secreción nasal que regresen a casa y permanezcan en casa hasta que hayan pasado al menos 24 horas sin el síntoma (si tiene fiebre, sin el uso de medicamentos para reducir la fiebre), y / o un proveedor de atención médica confirmó un diagnóstico alternativo (es decir, alergias), una condición crónica subyacente o una prueba COVID-19 negativa. Cada escuela tiene un área de aislamiento identificada donde los estudiantes pueden esperar a que los recojan.


¿Las pruebas COVID-19 estarán disponibles para los estudiantes y el personal?

Todas las escuelas ofrecerán pruebas semanales y voluntarias para el personal y, según sea necesario, para los estudiantes.


¿Qué pasa con los estudiantes que son enviados a casa debido a COVID-19?

A los estudiantes se les asignará trabajo para completar en casa durante su ausencia.


¿Habrá un "chequeo de salud" diario en la escuela?

Los padres, los estudiantes y el personal se controlarán por sí mismos para detectar los síntomas de COVID-19 y se quedarán en casa si están enfermos.


¿Los horarios de los estudiantes serán similares a los de antes de COVID19?

Los horarios de timbre de las escuelas y las rotaciones de estudiantes reflejarán las condiciones anteriores al COVID-19.


¿Se enviarán avisos sobre exposiciones al COVID-19 a las familias y el personal?

Los Designados COVID-19 del Distrito serán responsables del rastreo de contactos con la Salud Pública del Condado de Santa Clara y asesorarán sobre medidas de aislamiento o cuarentena. En caso de exposición en un entorno de uso de mascarilla universal, aquellos que están completamente vacunados y asintomáticos pueden continuar asistiendo a la escuela o al trabajo en persona, auto monitoreando los síntomas. En este caso, solo el estudiante o miembro del personal que dio positivo por COVID-19 será enviado a casa.


En un entorno interior donde se usan máscaras, los estudiantes no vacunados o el personal que son contactos cercanos (15 minutos dentro de 0 a 6 pies durante un período de 24 horas) pueden continuar asistiendo a la escuela en persona si están asintomáticos, continúan usando su máscara según sea necesario, realizan la prueba dos veces por semana para detectar COVID-19 durante el período de 10 días después de la exposición y se ponen en cuarentena durante todas las actividades extracurriculares en la escuela, incluyendo los deportes y las actividades dentro del entorno comunitario.


En caso de exposición entre contactos cercanos no vacunados y no enmascarados, el personal asintomático y los estudiantes se pondrán en cuarentena durante 10 días, pero pueden interrumpir la cuarentena después del día 7 con una prueba de COVID-19 negativa. Si se desarrollan síntomas, las personas deben quedarse en casa y hacerse la prueba, siguiendo los protocolos basados en los resultados de la prueba.


¿Cuál es el proceso de distribución de comidas?

Los estudiantes recibirán desayuno y almuerzo sin costo para nuestras familias. El desayuno se distribuirá en bolsas; el almuerzo serán artículos pre-empaquetados. Se recomienda sentarse al aire libre. Al comer en el interior de los edificios, se alentará a los estudiantes a maximizar el distanciamiento físico ya que no se pueden usar máscaras. La distribución de alimentos para los estudiantes que participan en el Estudio Independiente se proporcionará en una actualización posterior.


¿Cuáles son los protocolos de seguridad para los estudiantes que viajan en autobús?

Los estudiantes y conductores usarán máscaras en el autobús. Las ventanas estarán abiertas para maximizar la ventilación. Mientras esperan en la parada de autobús al aire libre, se recomiendan máscaras, pero son opcionales.


¿Permitirá el distrito voluntarios en las escuelas?

Se recomienda a los visitantes llamar o enviar un correo electrónico, siempre que sea posible, para minimizar las interacciones. Todas las oficinas en todo el distrito estarán abiertas y los visitantes usarán máscaras al entrar. Se está revisando un proceso para los voluntarios escolares con una actualización antes del 1 de octubre.


Estudio Independiente (AB 130)


¿Qué es el estudio independiente?

El estudio independiente permite que los estudiantes cuya salud esté en riesgo de recibir instrucción en persona aprendan en casa en lugar de regresar a la escuela en persona.


¿Qué niveles de grado pueden inscribirse en el estudio independiente?

Todos los grados, Kinder Transicional hasta el grado 12.


¿El estudio independiente es el mismo en todos los grados?

El Distrito Unificado de Morgan Hill tendrá tres programas de estudios independientes diferentes: los estudiantes de estudios independientes de TK recibirán su instrucción de la Oficina de Educación del Condado de Santa Clara; los estudiantes en los grados K-5 que se inscriban en Estudio Independiente recibirán trabajo e instrucción diaria a través de un proveedor contratado de MHUSD con un maestro asignado y un plan de estudios basado en computadora; los estudiantes en los grados 6-12 que se inscriban en Estudio Independiente tendrán un administrador de casos asignado de MHUSD que monitoreará el progreso del estudiante en el plan de estudios en línea completado.


¿Pueden los padres / tutores de los estudiantes seleccionar el estudio independiente o la instrucción en persona en cualquier momento?

Un estudiante en Estudio Independiente cuyo padre / tutor solicite regresar al aprendizaje en persona será transferido dentro de 5 días. La ubicación escolar en persona se basará en la disponibilidad de espacio. Un estudiante en persona cuyo padre / tutor solicite Estudio Independiente también será transferido dentro de 5 días. Los padres y los estudiantes deben firmar un acuerdo de estudio independiente.


¿La escuela puede trasladar a los estudiantes a un estudio independiente o fuera de él?

Los estudiantes de Estudio Independiente que no cumplan con sus Acuerdos de Estudio Independiente pueden ser transferidos al aprendizaje en persona. Los estudiantes que asistan en persona también pueden ser trasladados a Estudio Independiente si no pueden seguir los requisitos de las pautas de salud y seguridad, cómo usar una máscara en el interior. En cualquiera de los programas, los estudiantes que necesiten apoyo adicional recibirán intervención académica, consejería o ausentismo escolar, según sea necesario.


¿Qué plan de estudios se utilizará para el estudio independiente?

Los estudiantes de TK recibirán un plan de estudios a través de la Oficina de Educación del Condado de Santa Clara. Los maestros de K-5 usarán el plan de estudios de Calvert. Los estudiantes de 6º a 12º grado utilizarán el material didáctico Edmentum.


¿Cuál es el horario para el estudio independiente?

El horario de TK será determinado por la Oficina de Educación del Condado de Santa Clara. El horario de K-5 incluirá una hora de instrucción diaria en vivo en todas las áreas principales. Cada materia incluirá 15 minutos de instrucción directa seguida por práctica independiente o guiada. El horario es similar al de la escuela regular. El programa 6-12 se completa de forma independiente y las horas variarán; una vez a la semana, los estudiantes asistirán a una sesión de una hora durante el horario escolar regular.


¿Qué hago si mi hijo necesita acceso a Internet para el estudio independiente?

Los estudiantes que necesiten un hotspot o Chromebook se comunicarán con su escuela de origen después de firmar el acuerdo de estudio independiente.


Puede encontrar información adicional sobre el estudio independiente aquí: Preguntas frecuentes (SCCOE) y Preguntas frecuentes del CDE


Retención, calificación y graduación (AB 104)


¿Qué es el Proyecto de Ley 104 de la Asamblea?

AB 104 es una nueva legislación recientemente promulgada que incluye las siguientes disposiciones y derechos:

1. Los padres / tutores (Titular de los derechos educativos) de los estudiantes que se inscribieron en los grados 8-12 durante el año escolar 2020-21 pueden solicitar que se le otorgue una calificación en letra para un curso cambiado a Aprobado o No Aprobado en el expediente académico del estudiante. (Las preguntas # 2 a # 7 se aplican a este componente de AB 104)


2. Cualquier estudiante que se inscribió en el 11 ° o 12 ° grado durante el año escolar 2020-21 y que no esté en camino de graduarse en cuatro años está exento de los requisitos de graduación del distrito local que superen los requisitos de cursos y créditos de graduación mínimos del estado. (Las preguntas # 8 a # 14 se aplican a este componente de AB 104)


3. Los padres pueden solicitar una conferencia de retención si su hijo recibió una calificación de D, F o No Aprobado en la mitad o más de sus clases.


¿Cómo solicita un padre / tutor una conferencia para discutir la posible retención?

Los padres/tutores que deseen consultar sobre la retención pueden comunicarse con el Departamento de Servicios Educativos, 408-201-6070 o enviar un correo electrónico a webbgl@mhusd.org


¿Cómo solicito un cambio de calificación a Aprobado / No Aprobado?

MHUSD publicará una solicitud para solicitar un cambio de calificación en el sitio web del distrito y también enviará la solicitud por correo electrónico a todas las familias y estudiantes antes del viernes 30 de julio.


¿Qué cursos califican para los cambios de calificación a Aprobado / No aprobado?

Todos los cursos tomados durante el año escolar 2020-21 califican para el cambio de calificación a Aprobado / No Aprobado.


¿Existe una fecha límite para enviar una solicitud de cambio de calificación?

Según la legislación, los distritos no pueden aceptar solicitudes de cambio de calificación después de 15 días a partir de la fecha de publicación de la solicitud en nuestro sitio web. La Oficina de Educación del Condado de Santa Clara ha determinado que la fecha límite es el 15 de agosto de 2021.


¿Qué sucede una vez que se envía la solicitud al distrito?

Una vez que MHUSD reciba la solicitud, el Distrito tiene 15 días para hacer el cambio en el expediente académico del estudiante y notificar a la familia. Tenga en cuenta: los estudiantes que tienen 18 años o más pueden enviar un cambio de calificación a Aprobado / No aprobado independientemente de sus padres / tutores.


¿Cómo impacta el GPA  (promedio académico) de Aprobado / No Aprobado?

Según AB 104, el cambio no puede afectar negativamente el GPA de un estudiante. Cuando una "F" se convierte en un "No aprobado", los puntos cero ya no se incluyen en el GPA. Cambiar una calificación con una "D" o incluso una letra "C" a "Aprobado" puede aumentar el GPA de un estudiante, dependiendo del GPA que el estudiante tenía antes del cambio de calificación. No se realizarán cambios de calificación que reduzcan el GPA de un estudiante.


¿Cuál es el impacto del Aprobado / No Aprobado en las admisiones a un colegio o universidad?

Según AB 104, las universidades estatales de California (CSU) aceptarán, para fines de admisión, y sin prejuicio, una transcripción con una calificación de Aprobado o No Aprobado en lugar de una calificación de letra para cualquier trabajo de curso realizado durante el año escolar 2020-21. Sin embargo, este no es el caso de todas las universidades. Se alienta a los colegios y universidades privadas de la UC, pero no se les exige, que notifiquen al CDE durante las próximas dos semanas si aceptarán calificaciones de Aprobado / No Aprobado para fines de admisión. MHUSD compartirá esta lista de universidades como parte de la información enviada a las familias.


¿Quién es elegible para graduarse bajo los requisitos mínimos de graduación del estado AB 104?

Cualquier estudiante que se inscribió en el 11 ° o 12 ° grado durante el año escolar 2020-21 y que no esté en camino de graduarse en cuatro años está exento de los requisitos de graduación de MHUSD que sean más allá del crédito de graduación mínimo del estado y los requisitos del curso y puede obtener un diploma completando los requisitos mínimos estatales de graduación de 130 créditos.


Si mi estudiante completa los requisitos mínimos de graduación del estado, ¿es elegible A-G?

No. Consulte este documento de Graduation Pathways para obtener más información sobre los requisitos de admisión a la universidad.


¿El diploma obtenido al cumplir con los requisitos mínimos de graduación del estado será diferente del diploma obtenido al cumplir con los requisitos de graduación del MHUSD?

Los diplomas serán exactamente los mismos, pero la transcripción mostrará los cursos específicos tomados.


¿Cómo saben los estudiantes que estaban en el grado 12 durante el año escolar 2020-21 y no se graduaron si son elegibles según los requisitos mínimos de graduación del estado?

Los estudiantes no graduados de la generación 2021 y sus padres / tutores serán notificados de este cambio en los requisitos de graduación. Los consejeros y administradores escolares analizarán los expedientes académicos y determinarán si el estudiante es elegible para graduarse bajo el crédito mínimo estatal y los requisitos de graduación de cursos de 130 créditos. Se notificará a toda la clase de estudiantes no graduados de 2021 de sus opciones. Si tiene alguna pregunta, comuníquese con su consejero escolar.


¿Cuáles son las opciones para los estudiantes no graduados en la promoción de 2021 (estudiantes de 12 ° grado durante 2020-21) que no cumplen con los requisitos mínimos de graduación del estado para obtener un diploma en este momento?

Los estudiantes que no se graduaron y no cumplan con el requisito mínimo tendrán la opción de completar los cursos requeridos a través de opciones de recuperación de créditos como Cyber ​​High o al completar un quinto año de la escuela secundaria.


¿Cómo se informará a los estudiantes de la Clase de 2022 (estudiantes que ascienden al 12º grado) sobre sus opciones bajo AB 104?

Al comienzo del año escolar 2021-22, los consejeros y administradores escolares se reunirán con los estudiantes que ingresen al 12 ° grado y sus padres / tutores para proporcionar información sobre el cambio en los requisitos de graduación y crearán un plan basado en las necesidades individuales de los estudiantes.