School and District Accountability
The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) represents our district’s allocation of resources towards specific actions designed to meet Board established goals. The goal-setting process is based on the school district’s vision, mission and values statement. Our local Governing Board goals in turn help determine the relative attention and resources that will be directed toward each of the State’s eight priority areas. The priority areas are addressed through the actions in the LCAP and they are monitored throughout the year by maintaining an LCAP annual update.Throughout the year, the report is monitored and progress is reported out to stakeholders groups who are consulted and provide recommendations for revisions to the plan which can be found in the bottom box of each action annual report. Updates are posted on the district website in both English and Spanish. The overarching goal of the Local Control Accountability Plan is constant improvement of the educational outcomes for all students
The current three year LCAP continues to be organized under three overarching goals:
1. College and Career Readiness: With an equity lens, MHUSD will provide rigorous curriculum and instruction that includes critical thinking skills, academic and digital literacy in all subject areas to ensure post-secondary success (college or career readiness) for all students.
2. Stakeholder Engagement All parents are valued as partners in their child’s education and are empowered to support their child’s preparation for college or career readiness.
3. Student Engagement & School Climate: Increase student engagement, connectedness to school and community, and inspire productive persistence in ALL students to graduate college and career ready.
There are 5 additional focus goals for high priority areas of need:
1. Early literacy to support students to read at grade level by grade 3.
2. Elementary math outcomes to support student’s readiness for algebraic thinking by the end of fifth grade.
3. Middle school transitions and high school readiness with a focus on supporting English learners to be fully fluent in English.
4. High school outcomes and supporting all students to stay on track for graduation and to achieve college and career readiness.
5. Social emotional wellness including establishing student/community wellness centers at all comprehensive secondary schools.
Links to current documents
2021-22 Local Control Accountability Plan: Approved June 15, 2021, Public Hearing June 1, 2021
Prior year documents for reference