Pass/No Pass Grade Options for Students in Grades 8-12

On July 1, 2021, the State of California passed AB 104, new legislation that enables parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in high school during the 2020-21 school year to request to have a letter grade earned for a course changed to a Pass or No Pass on their student's transcript. The California Department of Education provided a list of colleges and universities that will accept Pass or No Pass on a student’s transcript for admission. 

In addition, any student who was enrolled in 11th or 12th grade during the 2020-21 school year and who is not on track to graduate in four years may be exempt from local district graduation requirements that are beyond the state-minimum graduation credits and course requirements. To discuss graduation requirement exemptions, please contact your school counselor or principal to discuss your eligibility and options.

If you are interested in requesting a letter grade change, please fill out this request form and contact your school counselor or principal. The deadline for grade change requests is: Monday, August 16, 2021 by 5pm. 

For more information on these topics and more, please see this parent information letter that was shared on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Glenn Webb, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment at 408-201-6000 or